Friday, September 28, 2012

A little therapy, part four...DONE!

Frame project is all done, and I'm very happy with it.  It took much less time than it may appear, from the four posts covering the process.  I stretched it out quite a bit, because I didn't want to rush through it, which is fairly uncommon for me.  I generally suffer from completion anxiety, but not this time.

I used upholstery nails to secure the photo and plexiglass to the frame, which was mounted on the top vs. the underside.  I wanted something a little different and unusual.  I'm happy with how it came together.  I simply snugged the nail up to the edge of the plexiglass, and tapped it in until the edge of the nail head made contact, and held it in place.

Mounting the back boards was fairly straight-forward.  A small square of scrap back board material made a 'base' for the frame.  We cut these pieces such that they would fit right inside the opening in the back of the frames.

Did a little 'dry fit'...looking good.

Measured/drew my lines to mount the scrap board to the back boards.

Added a little hot glue, the scrap board and a little weight, then waited for the glue to dry completely.  Hot glue dries quick, so it didn't take long.

I then ran a bead of glue around the edge of the scrap boards, and set the frames over top.  A light press, and we were set.




I couldn't love them more if I tried.


  1. You are so creative!! I love how they turned out! :)

  2. I'm so happy to see that you are "back at it"! Little steps.... Love your newest creation!


  3. The frames are beautiful. You are so creative and artistic. Only frames you made yourself with so much love and passion could ever be worthy of holding such prescious treasures -- the pictures of Jet, Ty, and Kindle! <3

  4. Thanks, everyone. It was a fun, and very rewarding project. Spreading it out over several days seemed to allow me more time to savor it, and not feel rushed. I enjoyed that part.