Thursday, June 14, 2012

Watering

After my overwatering (a.k.a. "the wrong kind of watering") crisis, and the suggestion of a couple of friends, I made some self watering apparatuses for my tomato plants.

 

Basically a 1-1/2 liter bottle (*very* tall), inverted, buried into the bucket with the tomato plants, with a hole drilled in the top for re-filling.  These bottles will deliver the water at the roots vs. at the top, or on the leaves, because, as I have learned, tomato leaves and water don't play nice.

Because I was limited in my space, the 2 liter bottles wouldn't work.  I needed something very tall, and relatively narrow.  The Jana water bottles did the trick.

A little hole drilled for refilling, and I'm set.

 

Thanks to good friends Ann and Nancy for their suggestion.



No comments:

Post a Comment