Friday, January 11, 2013

Creamy cheesy shells - use up that fromage fort!

My posts lately have had a 'fromage fort' spin to them.  I made quite a bit of the cheesy stuff, and I've had fun using it. Today I needed to make up a quick lunch for Cliff.  I had dry pasta shells in the pantry, and some fromage fort in the fridge.  I got an idea.

With whipping cream and fromage fort, I made a cheese sauce, and tossed it with the cooked shells.  It was delicious, and really quick.

Ingredients:

8 ounces dried pasta shells
1/2 cup fromage fort
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:

In a large pot, bring water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package directions.

In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring fromage fort and whipping cream to just below a simmer, stirring until smooth and creamy.  Do not boil.  When sauce is smooth, and fromage fort is melted, remove from heat.

When pasta is cooked to desired tenderness, drain the water.  Return pasta to the pan, toss with sauce, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.  Remove lid, toss to re-distribute sauce, and serve.

I'm sorry that I don't have a photo to share with you.  This was a 'throw it together quick' meal, and there wasn't time for photos.  If you have fromage fort in your refrigerator, I encourage you to give it a go.  This one is easy, cheesy, and full of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment