Sunday, January 13, 2013

Porchetta with a leftover friend


I made my first porchetta, and I don't think it will be my last.  I got the recipe from my new favorite 'go-to' cookbook, Tartine Bread.

The herb stuffing was exactly what the pork needed, and 10 hours at low heat made the meat fork tender.  I'm so impressed with how beautifully this came together.

Prior to serving, the porchetta is sliced, and pan seared.

I had some leftover French onion soup (just broth and onions), which I pureed into a sauce.  I also made some herb onion rings using Hermiston sweets.  I used the onion rings to top the porchetta.  It was as beautiful to look at as it was to eat. A truly wonderful, early dinner for a Sunday afternoon.



I think I'm ready for my restaurant now.  Happy Sunday, friends.  May the week ahead bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment