Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A little purging

The more and more I cook, the more and more I realize I have a bunch of 'gadgets' I really don't need.  I need good pans, good bowls, good utensils, my two mixers, and a few other random things.

Over the years, as I learned to cook, I thought I needed a bunch of gadgets, and the truth is, I really didn't.  None the less, I marched on, collecting the latest gadgets to hit the market.  A couple of years ago I did a small purge in the kitchen, and sold several items at a garage sale.  It's time for a more thorough purge now.

I want storage space in my kitchen for the things I really need vs. giving up valuable space with things I don't need, and will likely never use again.

What I find most interesting about this process is the realization that great cooking is really far more simple than most folks think, and certainly more simple than I realized, as well...until recently.

Really looking forward to boiling down my kitchen contents to the simple, yet great tools required to prepare the dishes I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment