Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The traveled road, page three

We live in a grand landscape. Not as grand as some, but the sights that can be found within an hour of our home are quite impressive. Hard to accomplish when you live in a desert, and nowhere near the beach. I can't count tropical paradise, nor the ocean, in locations close to home.


Smith Rock State Park is a favorite location of mine, and we are, literally, 10 minutes away from this stunning place. A favorite of rock climbers from all over the world, the chalk they use can be seen on rock faces nearly everywhere you look. I have yet to capture a climber on the rocks, but I will some day. I have only been here as the sun is going down, so my arrival times haven't coincided with the climbers, who tend to climb in the light of day.

Anyone visiting central Oregon should plan a stop here.  There are ample trails, and breathtaking views everywhere you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment