Monday, September 16, 2013

Quote corner, "don't tell me..."

This was sent to me after we lost Ty.  I'm reminded of it with the losses so many are going through right now...perhaps it will help others, as it once helped me.

Don't Tell Me

Don't tell me that you understand, don't tell me that you know.
Don't tell me that I will survive, how I will surely grow.

Don't tell me this is just a test, that I am truly blessed,
that I am chosen for this task, apart from all the rest.

Don't come at me with answers, that can only come from me.
Don't tell me how my grief will pass, that I will soon be free.

Don't stand in pious judgment, of the bounds I must untie.
Don't tell me how to suffer, and don't tell me how to cry.

My life is filled with selfishness, my pain is all I see.
I need you, I need your love, unconditionally.

Accept me in my ups and downs, I need someone to share.
Just hold my hand and let me cry, and say, "my friend, I care."

-- Anonymous

2 comments: