Monday, June 24, 2013

Your lake...

Saturday, as we were driving home from the show, we stopped at your lake, Bun.  I feel you so strongly there.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's because it was a place you loved, and when you were sick, it was the place I most wanted to take you, you just never got well enough to leave home those last few days.


I sat in the car, thinking of you, as I looked over the shore where you used to have a conversation with the waves, letting them know their disorderly splashing needed organization, which only you were capable of providing.  The waves always won, even though you gave it your best.  Your wet fur, and big smile were really your only goals...we all knew that much.

Sitting there, listening to those waves lap up on the shore, I could almost hear your voice.  I could see you, 'talking' to those waves, and the tears just came.

It seems like only yesterday you left us.  Every day I try to live to the fullest, in your honor, but my heart still hurts with an ache that never leaves.  I don't think it ever will.

I miss you, baby boy, so very much.  I hope you know...I hope you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment