Monday, June 24, 2013

Scones...again!


I love this recipe.  I make these at least once/week, and sometimes more often than that, depending upon what I have on hand.  I start with the basic recipe for Hilppa's scones.


For this variation, instead of the raisins, I used some raspberries I dehydrated over the weekend, and my second, almost staple add, the zest and juice from one lemon.


With my ice cream scoop to portion out the batter, this makes 8 scones.  I have since stopped adding the butter on top of the 'ready to bake' scones, as it's just a little too much for my taste, with all the butter already inside, but if you like that add, by all means, go forth and conquer.

I've been asked what the batter consistency of this recipe should be.  It's hard to describe.  It should come together, and hold it's shape, but you don't want it too dry, nor too wet.  Too dry, and the scones will be crumbly.  Too wet, and they will flatten out too much on the cookie sheet, and you'll have scone pancakes.


It's a superb recipe, that makes a beautiful scone, with a crispy outside crust that adds the right amount of texture.  I encourage you to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment