Saturday, August 31, 2013

The traveled road, page one

There are so many places I would like to see and visit, to capture memories into a single moment in time with my camera. This is not a time in my life when I can access the places that many others can. If I can't get there by car, and a short walk, I don't get there at all. In time this will change, but not now.

'The traveled road' is dedicated to my heart and soul dog, Jet, who at 14, is unable to walk long distances, or traverse uneven ground any longer. We travel as far as we, as a family, are able, and if one can only walk a few hundred yards safely, then that's what we do...together.

My first entry into 'the traveled road' is from last week, and our visit to Tumalo Falls in the Deschutes National Forest. It was so quiet there, with the peace only interrupted by the hypnotic sound of the falling water. We had the area nearly to ourselves, with just one other couple on the trail leading up to the upper overlook. We chose to stay close to the car for Jet's sake, and shoot from the lower viewpoint...it was anything but disappointing. It was just a short walk from the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment