Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring is here! But is it, really?

It's officially spring, or so says the calendar.

My surroundings say it's most definitely winter, with two days of snow, and the white stuff still all around town.  It's cold, it's windy, and I have been on a comfort food binge for weeks, just trying to keep the bones warm!

I caved, and changed the blog banner, even though it doesn't really feel like spring yet, but perhaps the pretty flowers will give me a reason to better tolerate the snow, and cold temperatures, knowing warmer days are just around the corner.

Of course, the avalanche on the pass last night didn't really do much to give me hope for those aforementioned warmer days, but who's really counting that?  After all, it's just one little avalanche, right?  =)

On another note, new recipes will be coming soon.  I'm planning some fun things I have in mind for the spring and summer, including my own smoked deli meats.  I have a small smoker I got two summers ago, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it to this point.  I thought it might be nice to branch out.  I'm doing some research on making my own pastrami.  More on that when those warmer days make their way to the high desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment